Wednesday 19 February 2014

DIY Sugar Scrub

I often get told that my hands are very soft. So I decided that I'd show what I do. Of course moisturizing your skin is very important, but I have somewhat dry skin, especially in these winter months. I was first inspired to start making this scrub after a few years ago when I was at a seafood restaurant in the states and in the washroom they had a scrub that you could use. I was shocked to see how soft my hands were. I then found that the restaurant was selling this scrub, but for an extremely expensive price, so I decided that I would just make it. 

Sugar scrubs are both very good at exfoliating and moisturizing your skin. Also as a student its a great way to save because you most likely have the ingredients at home.
So here's what I do:

The ingredients needed are simply sugar and coconut oil. 

The sugar can be substituted with brown sugar or salt. 
To me there is no difference between using brown sugar and white refined sugar because they are both made up of the same compounds. All you need is something grainy that will exfoliate the skin. 
The coconut oil can be substituted with olive oil or any other type of oil, its all up to your preference. Essential oils can also be added.


Tools needed are a measuring spoon and a plate or something to mix it in, and also to store it.

So first measure out two parts sugar, or your exfoliant.
Then one part coconut oil.



Then mix them together until you create a paste.



Then you're all done!

To use the scrub simply take it and gently scrub the part of your skin or body that you want scrubbed. Afterwards, rinse of the scrub and pat dry. You should be feeling silky soft now!

(I only made about one days worth)

xo M

No comments:

Post a Comment